Occupational Therapist - Hand Therapist
The Christchurch Hospital Occupational Therapy Department & Hand Therapy Unit, is seeking an enthusiastic qualified Occupational Therapist with a passion for hand therapy and a desire to work in an acute hospital to join our team, with opportunities to work closely with highly regarded hand therapists and hand surgeons.
This is a 40 hour per week position. The therapists working in our clinic provide exemplary care for clients with all conditions of the upper limb. We are looking for a dynamic individual who is equally dedicated to providing a high standard of care with compassion and commitment.
Flexibility is important as the case load is varied and can range from acute trauma, elective surgery, degenerative and congenital conditions. A registered Hand Therapist is preferred, however a therapist with previous Hand Therapy experience or a commitment to complete their Hand Therapy post graduate certificate would be considered. Direct on-site training and continued senior support and supervision, in-service and training costs are all provided with this position.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
· Provide knowledgeable assessment and treatment for all upper limb conditions
· Conduct standardized assessments and identify the client’s functional goals
· Education of clients and relevant other parties
· Fabrication of upper limb orthosis
· Liaise with appropriate professionals regarding team care management
· Documentation and report writing
· Contribute to the provision of education programs for members of the team
· Contribute to the development of the Hand Therapy service
Please contact Nicci Kerr, Clinical
Manager, Occupational Therapy Department,
if you have any further queries phone: 03 364 0700.
Applications for this position close on
Friday, 1 December 2017.