HAND THERAPY TRAINING?
THERAPIST BY NAME OR CITY
Hand Therapy Research in NZ
NZAHT research officer:
Hands On Rehabilitation
Register of Hand Therapists Involved in Research
This list of therapists are those who are either actively involved in Research, or have previously completed research, or who are able to be approached about research related information.
Click here to view list.
Applications for research grants:
Application form for research based grant/scholarship: click here
If you are doing post graduate study, or just reviewing articles for branch meetings, fingerprints submissions or journal research critique for journal club/reading, then this scoring system is what is currently recommended for rating the article in question.
PEDro guidelines are simple, easy to use, and will be useful for critique of most journal articles. Print off a copy and fill in the 11point scale as you read the article.
For a pdf copy of the PEDro guideline, click here to download.
For other research based information or supporting documents please visit
the PEDro webiste by clicking here or on the logo below.
EBSCO - easy access to research
Just a reminder about keeping up to date with current research via the extensive, reputable EBSCO databases. Physiotherapy New Zealand pays for members to access these databases:
- Rehabilitation Reference Center™ (RRC) – evidence-based clinical reference tool designed to deliver current valid, relevant information at the point-of-care so that you can build customised treatment regimens for patients
- MEDLINE® with Full Text – authoritative medical information
- SPORTDiscus with Full Text™ - the leading sport, fitness and exercise database
- CINAHL® Plus with Full Text – the world’s most comprehensive nursing and allied health research database
- AMED – The Allied and Complementary Medicine Database (AMED) – an alternative medicine database including complementary medicine, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, rehabilitation, podiatry, and palliative care.
New EBSCO iPhone app available soon
You’ll very soon be able to obtain this app, so you can use your mobile to search the databases.