31/12/2023 Come join our fun, close-knit and growing team. We are a passionate team that acknowledges there is more to work than turning up each day. Active Hand Rehab prides itself as a supportive, and staff-focused work environment, where we promote flexible working conditions that meet the needs of both our staff and clinic's. We have an excellent reputation in Canterbury for good reason. We are currently based in North, South, East Canterbury, and Christchurch and are growing. If you are an occupational therapist or physiotherapist who has experience in hand therapy and are enthusiastic about both learning and teaching, this is the place for you. Hours are flexible with both full-time and part-time options available.
The current job vacancy
The current vacancy is for a full or part time Hand Therapist to work alongside our team. You will have the opportunity to mentor junior staff guiding them in their hand therapy journey towards full registration. You will be encouraged to identify service development prospects and work towards implementing these. Autonomy and the ability to work independently at times as well as in a team is required.
We are also looking to expand our team, so if you have a passion for hand therapy but are yet to start this journey, please also touch base.
Qualifications & experience
A NZ Registered Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist with a current APC.
• Hand therapy experience.
• A Registered Hand Therapist or someone currently working towards this.
Tasks & responsibilities
• Assessment and treatment of patients with hand and upper limb injuries. Fabrication and provision of splints, formulation of patient’s rehabilitation programs.
• Mentoring and supervising junior staff (if appropriate)
• Service development
What we can offer
• Flexible working hours at our clinics working within a multi-disciplinary team
• Comprehensive on-site hand therapy training programme
• Regular ongoing training and supervision, and financial contribution towards ongoing education
• A competitive remuneration package
• An inspiring work environment that fosters development and co-operation
If this sounds like you, and you are ready to make the move into hand therapy and would like to chat further in confidence or see the job description, please touch base!